I currently from time to get acid reflux. That is when your stomach acids come up into your throat and possibly even into your mouth causing you to choke. I’ve woken up a few times chocking and it’s a bit scary and shocking all in one.
I’ve found some methods to reduce my acid reflux and am working to eliminate it entirely. Here are some tips that have helped me and will possibly help you too:
- Stop eating at least three hours before going to sleep. Depending on what you’ve eaten, you might want to increase this amount of time. Fried foods, I’d suggest up to 6 hours of no eating before bedtime to give your stomach plenty of time to digest before laying down.
- Speaking of fried foods. If you’re going to eat them, then eat them for breakfast or lunch and try to avoid them for dinner. Even better, skip fried foods and go for oven-baked or steamed instead. The same goes for pizza because of the acidic tomato sauce.
- Sit up in bed if you feel the acid coming up. Put enough pillows behind your back and head and sleep sitting up. (Back in the days of Thomas Jefferson, this was how most people slept in their bed).
- When you are sleeping and you wake up choking from acid reflux, sit up immediately and get up and take a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar. Then prop yourself up in bed and sleep upright until you feel total relief before laying down flat again.
- Lose weight. (This is the part I’m working on). Excess belly fat puts pressure on your abdomen and stomach acid has to go somewhere, so it rises.
- Drink a glass of water with a drop of Lemon essential oil from YL in it to support a healthy digestive system before starting your day.
- Ginger tea can help calm acid in your stomach. Pour yourself a cup of warm tea with a drop of ginger essential oil in it to help soothe your tummy.
- Do as some Japenese do: Eat only up to 80% of being full.
Of course, if Acid reflux persists you may want to consult a doctor because it could do damage to your Esophagus.
These tips should help you deal with Acid Reflux.
Subscribe to this blog for more tips on being Rich and Healthy in your life.
Are you still lost and wondering what an essential oil is? Check out this blog post that explains just that.
With so many choices of essential oils and essential oil-infused products, where do you start?
The best deal is to have our Premium starter kit. It’s like getting the oils at 50% off plus it comes with a diffuser.
If I invited you to this page or you just happened upon this page and want more information, you can Email me at DexterDBlack@comcast.net If someone else invited you, please get back to the person who sent you here for further ordering or informational questions.
You can also find me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WealthandRiches
To own your own Young Living Products enter or mention Enroller and Sponsor number: 1085586 to save 24%! **
Phone orders or to become a Member/a business builder/ or to simply own some products from Young Living: 1-800-371-3515 (Toll-free Canada & USA)
Monday- Saturday: 5 AM to 10 PM US MT
May your days be filled with good health, good friends, good food, and most of all; much love,
Dexter D Black
* Disclosure Link http://dexterdblack.com/disclosures
** Must become a Wholesale Member with an order of at least $50.00 for the year.