When we are Christians living for God, we want to glorify Him in all we do, including taking care of the Holy Temple (our body that the Holy Spirit resides in).
Here are 4 helpful reasons to exercise according to His word:
- We glory God by taking care of our body: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Romans 12:1 There, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God. This is your true and proper worship.
2. Focus on physical fitness, but first spiritual: 1 Tim 4:8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
3. Our Bodies are a part of Christ’s body: 1 Corinthians 6:15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!
4. Discipline for yourself: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.
I know it’s hard to get into the habit of giving glory to God with our bodies, but I believe both you and I can do it. And you know what they say, “If you fail, get up and try again.”
Subscribe to this blog for more tips of being Rich and Healthy in your life.
If I invited you to this page or you just happened upon this page and want more information, you can Email me at DexterDBlack@comcast.net If someone else invited you, please get back to the person who sent you here for further ordering or informational questions.
You can also find me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WealthandRiches
May your days be filled with good health, good friends, good food, and most of all; much love,
Dexter D Black
* Disclosure Link http://dexterdblack.com/disclosures