Reduce Your Chances of Getting Cancer
There is a 22% reduction in cancer risk in people with the highest levels of Vitamin D versus those with the lowest according to a new long-term study in BMJ.
Unfortuntually 42% of Americans are deficient in Vitamin D according to a 2011 study published in the journal Nutrition Research. Globally, an estimated 1 billion people don’t get adequate amounts of vitamin D.
What are some of the possible signs you are low on Vitamin D?
- Your sweating more than usual. If you are in an environment that is not really hot, but you are sweating more than usual, this could be a sign.
- You’re unexpectedly weak. (Even when you’ve had enough sleep).
- You feel depressed. This especially rings true because of the seasons.
- You have been feeling aches and pains for a few weeks.
If any of these signs continue, you can go to your doctor for a vitamin D test.
How to get more Vitamin D
You could easily get all the vitamin D you need through sun exposure, but the American Academy of Dermatology strongly affirms that wearing an SPF of 30 or higher is crucial if you want to prevent the development of various skin cancers. Remember, your skin likely still takes in a bit of vitamin D even when you’re wearing SPF, says the National Institute of Health.
Healthy foods that have Vitamin D:
- Wild caught salmon (3oz)
- Sardines (3.5oz)
- Tuna (3.5 oz)
- Beef liver (Best if it’s been a grass-fed cow) (30z)
- Eggs (Free-range) (41 IU per egg)
- Shitake Mushrooms (1 cup)
- Milk whole of otherwise (raw milk is the best form of milk to drink. 8oz).
- Yogurt (Not the stuff that has sugar in it. Go for Greek Yogurt).
- Non-sweetened Almond Milk (8 oz)
- 1 slice cheese (again made from raw milk).
Here’s a great supplement called Super CAL Plus by Young Living that contains vitamin D along with some other key ingredients.
There are plenty of calcium supplements you can choose from, but Super Cal Plus was created to offer more than just calcium and minerals–it is a true bone-health supplement. With a synergistic blend of bioavailable calcium, magnesium, vitamins D and K, and other trace minerals, Super Cal Plus supports the structure, integrity, and density of bones and teeth. Plus, adequate calcium and vitamin D throughout life.
So, there you have it. Hopefully you’ll see the importance of having enough Vitamin D in your life, and if not, you now have some suggestions on how to get more into your body.
Please subscribe to my blog for more great blogs to come!