When counting sheep doesn’t work in helping you get to sleep, I’ll list some other ways that could help you sleep well. Reading about them might even put you to sleep (joke). Doing them is the most effective.
- Go to bed at the same time every night. Your body will get in the habit of “knowing” when it’s time to sleep and you will feel your body winding down as that time comes close.
- Keep your room as dark as possible.
- Keep your room cool. Your body will sleep better in a cooler room than a hotter one.
- Stop eating at least three hours before bedtime. This will allow your digestion system to digest your food before laying down and work less when you do lay down. This is especially important if you have acid reflux or GERD.
- Drink some chamomile tea.
- Put your cell phone in Airplane mode. (The last thing you need is to get a notification when you’re trying to sleep or asleep.
- Google provides a wireless device called Google Dot. Google Dot has a sleep mode when you say “Good night Google” it will set the alarm for you and will play the sound of crickets to help you sleep. Or you could tell it to play ocean sounds for x amount of time or whatever soothing sound of your choice.
- Diffuse Lavender Essential oil from YL
- If chamomile tea doesn’t work, try Lavender Nighty Night Milk:
Nighty Night MILK.Prep Time: Apx 15 minutes
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- two pinches sea salt
- 2 drops of Lavender Vitality Essential Oil from YL. (Please be careful when choosing an essential oil to ingest, as not all essential oils are safe to ingest. YL Vitality line is especially designed for safe ingestion).
- 2 teaspoons honey plus more to taste
Blend milk, walnuts, vanilla, and salt until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy.
Transfer into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until tiny bubbles begin to form and steam rises. Remove from heat.
Steep for ten minutes, then remove from the heat. Place 1 drop per cup of Lavender Vitality Essential oil once the tea is in your cup.
Stir in honey to taste. Serve immediately, or blend again for higher foam factor.
It’s okay to reheat in a saucepan and you can also refrigerate it and use it for later.
A. Our emotions no matter, if we are male or female, can also keep us awake. If we are upset about something, that can interfere with sleep. Do your best to resolve any issues before going to sleep. If the issue is with your wife or husband, there is a good scripture in the Bible that says “Don’t let your wrath go down with the sun.” It means to resolve any arguments you may have with your spouse before going to sleep. Otherwise, guess what you’ll be thinking about all night and the first thing in the morning? Yep, you got it. The argument.
B. Plan out your next day on paper before going to bed. This way you won’t stay awake thinking about what you have to do tomorrow. It’s already written down.
C. Sometimes reading something you enjoy before going to bed can make you sleepy.
D. Eliminate any news at least 3 hours before bed to allow your mind to rest. You may also want to consider no TV at all at least 1 hr before bedtime. The same goes for online activity.
Trauma life-calming, grounding blend of therapeutic grade oils that may help release buried emotional trauma from accidents, the death of loved ones etc.
Present time: An empowering blend that heightens the sense of “being in the moment”. Allows one to progress and improve in life.
Release: Combines uplifting and calming oils. Encourages a sense of peace and wellbeing, facilitates the release of anger and frustration.
Sacred Mountain: Promotes feelings of strength and empowerment.
Valor: Works with both physical and spiritual aspects of today. Increases feelings of strength, courage, and self-esteem, in the face of adversity.
Peace and Calming: (and also lavender, stress away, etc) Gentle fragrant blend of oils that helps to calm tensions, and uplift the spirit. Promotes relaxation and encourages a deep sense of peace.
Palo Santo: Used for centuries in traditional folk medicine for depression and other emotional imbalances. Can be used to release negative energy.
Surrender: Formulated for dominant, overbearing personalities. helps recover equilibrium and restore inner calm.
Acceptance: Stimulates the mind. Helps overcome procrastination and denial.
Harmony: Promotes physical and emotional healing. encourages harmonic balance to the energy centers of the body.
Clarity: Promotes a clear mind and alertness. Has been used for years to stimulate mental vitality.
SARA: Specifically formulated for dealing with the trauma of sexual/physical abuse.
Joy: An exotic blend of oils that enhance self-love, and joyfulness, and attracts love into one’s life.
Hope: Restores the vision of goals and dreams that may be suppressed or hindered by past traumatic experiences.
A. If you are not in touch with your spirit, it can wreak havoc on both your physical body in the form of ailments and left long enough unchecked to disease. Always check your spiritual self first. Are you lacking in prayer? Perhaps you have done something wrong and it’s bothering you? Ask God to forgive you and don’t do it again. When we repent of something, God will forgive us.
B. Giving. Sometimes we are so busy making sure that we are being taken care of, that all our needs are met, we forget about other peoples needs. It really is more blessed to give than receive. Give, and watch the abundance swell in your soul.
C. Perhaps your relationship with God isn’t right? You know of Him, but you don’t know Him personally. I might know my neighbor’s name, but if I don’t form a relationship with my neighbor, I just of him, not really knowing him. It’s the same with God. We might know about Him. We might even believe He exists, but without a relationship with Him, your spiritual self will have a void. Ask God to make Himself real to you, to come into your life and forgive you of all your sins. He will, you know?
If you have any questions, just let me know. In the meantime, please feel free to look around all you like.
If I invited you to this page or you just happened upon this page and want more information, you can Email me at DexterDBlack@comcast.net If someone else invited you, please get back to the person who sent you here for further ordering or informational questions.
You can also find me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WealthandRiches
When you own these essential oils and essential oil infused products you’ll experience for yourself the high quality that can make a positive difference in your life.
When ordering Young Living Products enter or mention Enroller and Sponsor number: 1085586 to save 24%! **Phone orders for Young Living Products 1-800-371-3515 (Toll-free Canada & USA)
Monday- Saturday: 5 AM to 10 PM US MT
May your days be filled with good health, good friends, good food, and most of all; much love,
Dexter D Black
* Disclosure Link http://dexterdblack.com/disclosures
** Must become a Wholesale Member with an order of at least $50.00 for the year.