Most of us don’t look forward to fasting, but it doesn’t have to be a horrible thing to do. In reality, once you decide to fast (abstain from all food and drink only water) and with your fasting, you take time out to pray and use in conjunction pure essential oils, you’ll find there are some real spiritual benefits that you can reap. See blog post Benefits of Fasting and How Often Should You Fast for the physical benefits of fasting.
Since this post is about the spiritual benefits of fasting with prayer and essential oils and how to do it, let’s get into the Bible and read some examples of fasting and their benefits:
- In the New Testament, we see that Jesus the Son of God was just filled with the Holy Spirit when John the Baptist baptized Him. After being baptized He left John and went into the wilderness where (1)He fasted 40 days and nights. We see that Satan came to Him and tempted him in different ways. We see Jesus overcame the temptation and Satan left him for a while. Through this, we are taught that one of the spiritual benefits of fasting it to help us resist the flesh and the temptations of it and Satan.
- (2) Another benefit of fasting is when you need the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- (3) When you have sinned and repent of that sin, fasting helps you to rededicate yourself to God.
- (4) When you are in morning.
- (5) When you are praying for a miracle
- (6)When you plan on casting out demons.
- (7) When you plan on praying for someone that has an illness, prayer, fasting, and pure essential oils should be used all together to anoint the person that you are praying for.
- (8) Fasting and prayer may result in you seeing an angel. I had a friend who fasted for 40 days and nights and an angel spoke to him about the church he was in and what the Lord was about ready to do there.
How to Fast, Pray, and use Essential Oils
- If you are fasting and you are married, you are to abstain from sex during your fasting period. “Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.” – 1 Corinthians 7:5
- While there are many methods to fasting, Biblically we see that fasting is for at least one day and can range up to 40 days without eating food and be praying.
- Fasting with no food or drink for 3 days as seen in Esther 4:16 to pray for a positive outcome to something vital. I myself have only met people who have gone 2 days without food or drink. I assume though 3 days is possible. For myself, I don’t believe I would ever try 3 days and it’s possible this type of fast could damage your body. I personally would not recommend it, but we do see it here in scripture.
- (9)Use your time to get alone with God to pray and fast. You can defuse either with a hot burner or cold burner Frankincense essential oil (use only 100% pure Frankincense) in your time of prayer, worship, and fasting to enhance your spiritual connection to God. Frankincense is mentioned many times in the Old Testament with meat offerings. You can burn it or cold defuse it to mix with your prayer and worship offerings.
I’d love to know some of your experiences when you have fasted. Please leave a comment below and let us know of your own fasting experiences and what benefits you received from it.
Monday–Saturday: 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. US MT
If I invited you to this page or you just happened upon this page and have questions or want more information, you can Email me at DexterDBlack@comcast.net or call me at 717-467-5088. If someone else invited you, please get back to the person who sent you here for further ordering or informational questions.
You can also find me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WealthandRiches
May your days be filled with good health, good friends, good food, and most of all; much love,
Dexter D Black
* Disclosure Link http://dexterdblack.com/disclosures
(1) Matthew Chapter 4
(2) Acts 13:2
(3)1 Samuel 7:6, Joel 2:11-13
(4) 2 Samuel 1:12
(5) 2 Samuel 12:22, Daniel 6:18
(6) Matthew 17:21, Mark 9:29
(7) James 5:14
(8) Acts 10:30