Understanding Product Labels

Please follow and like us:

Recently I did an online survey about different Labels such as USDA/Organic, EWG Verified, etc. and I didn’t realize that I really didn’t understand the food labels as much as I thought I had. So, here’s we are talking about Food Labels so we can both understand what they mean next time we see them at the grocery store.

Also be aware that the FDA prohibits only about a dozen ingredients in personal care products, compared with about 1,000 that are forbidden in Europe. (They need to step up their game here in the USA)!

USDA Organic: A very stringent certification must be made with 95% USDA-certified organic agricultural ingredients. (The other 5% have to be from an approved national list).

EWG Verified; Phthalate and Paraben Free

The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has approved more than 1,160 products that don’t contain substances like phthalates and parabens. To qualify, companies must disclose all their ingredients and follow good manufacturing practices.

Leaping Bunny: No Animal Cruelty It’s run by a coalition of animal protection organizations. This certification means the product or ingredient was not tested on animals.

Made Safe: Good for You-And the Planet

One of the most comprehensive in the U.S.A. goes beyond what’s printed on the ingredient label: Sub ingredients (as in all the individual parts of each ingredient) are examined for health hazards to humans, animals, aquatic life, and the environment.

Fair Trade Certified: It shows customers that the company uses equitable trade practices at every level of the supply chain, ensuring fair treatment, prices and environmental impact. 

Grassfinished beef comes from cattle that ate nothing but grass and forage for their entire lives.

Kosher Certification is the stamp of kosher approval by a rabbinic Agency verifying they have checked the products’ ingredients, production facility, and actual production to ensure all ingredients, derivatives, tools, and machinery have no trace of non-kosher substances. The Kosher Certified symbol assures consumers that both the actual product and its production adhere to all Kosher Law requirements.

Please subscribe to this blog for more tips of living a Rich and Healthy life.

May your days be filled with good health, good friends, good food, and most of all; much love,


Dexter D Black

* Disclosure Link http://dexterdblack.com/disclosures

Please follow and like us:
This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply